Thursday, May 6, 2010

Butterflies

Our caterpillars are getting bigger and are about to go into their cocoons. We talked about the butterfly life cycle  today and the kids drew some cute pictures to go with each part of the life cycle. We read the book, "The Hungry Caterpillar" and they enjoyed using my stuffed caterpillar to eat through all the food.

Yes they look sort of gross I know :)




I found this great site on You Tube that shows the Butterfly Life Cycle:

Butterfly Life Cycle

For cooking we made our own little butterflies, they were super yummy and they loved matching the wings with corresponding colors to show symmetry.





For art we made these cute butterflies and made a little card to go with it for Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to all of you, I hope you have a great day on Sunday. Thank you for sharing a little piece of your child with me, I absolutely love them. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates