Friday, May 14, 2010

Books and Birds

We had a great week! One little boy brought his cousin who was visiting with him this week to class. She was so adorable and everyone wanted to be her friend. I love it when kids are nice to each other. On tuesday we talked about making our own books. The kids got to make a picture book and read it to the class. They turned out cute but I have to admit that some were a bit confusing. We also learned about the story, "The Ugly Duckling". Afterwards we talked about what lesson they learned from the story. It was so cute when one little girl said, "It's ok to be ugly, one day you will be pretty". :) We discussed how everybody has different talents and things that they are good at. We also made our own bird feeders. So far I saw one bird pecking at ours outside, hopefully more will find it. For cooking we made Orange Julius I promised the kids to include the recipe as this was another favorite. Next week should be a lot of fun. We are having our Teddy Bear Picnic on Thursday. I can't wait to share pictures of the fun day!













These are our grass heads we made a few weeks ago with out plant unit. The kids were so excited to take them home and give them a hair cut. I used white socks this time instead of black like I normall do. I think I will stick to the black as the dirt made them look super dirty.

As promised, Orange Julius Recipe:

1 (6 oz.) can of orange juice
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
12 ice cubes

Mix all ingredients in the blender and enjoy!
It's that easy :) I doubled the recipe and it wouldn't all fit in the blender so I had to mix the ice 2 different times. Hope you like it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates