Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Polar Bears

Last week we talked about Polar Bears: I always love showing the kids this website and the video on polar bears. It is a good one without showing them eating seals or anything crazy. Polar Bear video and Pics from National Geographic

We also made these polar bears out of circles. They had fun making them but I have to say that my idea to practice cutting skills made this project a little hectic with 12 kids.


We talked about polar bears and other arctic animals having blubber to help keep them warm. I love doing the crisco experiment with ice water to show how the blubber blocks the cold. The kids always really like this experiment as well. 


We made polar bears out of sliced bananas, rice cakes, vanilla yogurt, olives and oreos for cooking. 







I also wanted to include a recipe that we made the week before that was delicious. We have a little guy in our class that is allergic to eggs. I found a great recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that don't have any eggs. I will be making these again as a family treat. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates