Thursday, October 6, 2011

Love these elephants!

Hope you are all having a great week! We had a lot of fun talking about the letter E and letter F this week. For letter E we made these adorable elephants.

 One little boy told me that you can't make an elephant out of a letter E. But I told him to surprise me and be creative. This is what he came up with!

Love it! Here are the rest of them. They all turned out great! 



 "Miss Julie, I'm not going to make an elephant. I'm going to make a Super Hero E!" And yes he did, not too shabby :)



We also talked about "Emotions". We took turns drawing pictures of a person excited, happy, sad, surprised, mad and frustrated. 

Happy means getting candy and toys and having fun. Sad is when my brother or sister takes my toys. Mad is when somebody hits me or takes my toys away. Frustrated is when I can't find something that I need. Surprised is when I wake up on Christmas morning. Excited is when my mom has a special surprise. We also read the book "When Sophie gets Really, Really Mad!" and talked about what to do when you get really mad. Such as; taking a break, finding something to play with. But never hit someone when you are mad.

Today we talked about the weather changing and getting cooler. We discussed the leaves changing colors and starting to fall off the leaves. We sorted our different seasons and the things you can do in each season.

We also played everybody's favorite game. Will it Sink or Float? 

 Apples  Prediction: Sink  but it really floats
 Hand Sanitizer: Prediction: Sink but it floated
 Rabbit egg holder   Prediciton: Float but it sunk
 Chip Clip: Prediction: Float   YES!!! it floated
 Goggles  Prediction: sink    Yes it sunk
 Cookie cutter   Prediction: Float but it sunk
 Quarter: Prediction: Sink and YES!!! it sunk
 Plastic lid: Prediction: Sink but it floated
 Nail clippers: Prediction: sink  YES!!! it sunk

Plastic spoon: prediction: Float and YES!!! it floated

We also have been practicing our Handwriting. I can't believe how good some of them are getting at writing their letters.
And it wouldn't be preschool without a fun treat! We made some yummy carmel apples.


I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy the beautiful Fall weather! Just a reminder that we will be meeting at Vineyard Nursery next Tuesday for our Field Trip. Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates