Monday, October 11, 2010

Black and Brown Day

The first month of class came and went so fast. I can't believe we are already in October. We had a great time last Thursday with Black and Brown day. We talked about bats and the kids were fascinated watching a video on Flying Fox bats. They are HUGE! I don't really mind bats but I may be a little nervous with these guys flying around me.



After talking about where bats live, the food they eat and the different features they have that make them a mammal and not a bird we made a picture of bats. The kids had a lot of fun making them. 



This little guy was so bashful about getting his picture done. It was so adorable.


Since lots of bats eat bugs we made some dirt with some worms on it for the kids to eat. They loved this tasty treat of oreos, chocolate pudding, cool whip and gummy worms.

I am so excited for our first field trip tomorrow. See you then!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates