Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day and Yellow Day!

Today was the first day of school and it was so fun to see how excited the kids were with their little backpacks on. Of course we had a couple of tears but I think that will always be the case with how little these guys are. I was nervous all weekend trying to make sure everything was perfect so things would run smoothly. I think I may have been too organized this year though because we finished with about 10 minutes left at the end. Last year I was scrambling to get everyone's shoes on. This month we are doing a color theme for each day. Today was yellow day. We did file folder games to practice our colors and drew pictures of things that are yellow (sun, banana, star, and my favorite, tacos). We also made bumblebees and practiced the shapes that were on the bumblebee. For PE we played some bean bag games and of course started to learn some of the favorite songs from last year. I think the favorite today was The Cool Bear Hunt song. I had a blast with the kids and am looking forward to a great year with them.

File Folder games



Making our BumbleBees








I ordered shirts for all the kids this year from a friend and they turned out so nice. They were so excited to get them.

  

1 comments:

Coley said...

I am so sad Doran missed! Hopefully he is good to go on Thursday!

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates