Monday, December 14, 2009

Hibernation


This last week was so cold. We talked a lot about different animals that hibernate during the winter. I found it very interesting that bears are not True Hibernators. They wake up several times during the winter to find food close by. Female bears have their babies in the winter and take care of them in their den. The kids got to pick an animal out of the jar that hibernates and they had to act like that animal. We made chex mix for their food they gather to fatten up for the cold months ahead. We made our den out of blankets and chairs and then each kid found a place to hibernate until Spring came. They seemed to have a lot of fun.





2 comments:

david said...

jackson was so excited to come home and tell me about how he was a turtle and hibernated in the blanket cave...

Julie Carlile said...

I'm so glad he liked it. He is such a cutie Jenny. I love having him in my class.

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates